Create an Account
- You may preview the grant application before creating an account.
- To apply for a grant, you must create an account in the grant system. Go to the NEF Grant System Page. Create an account with your email address and designate a password. We do not share your email with any outside organizations.
Note: The person who applies for the grant will serve as the NEF’s primary contact for the duration of the grant process.
Start a Grant Application
- Click on the Apply tab.
- Review the information for the grant cycle.
- Click on the blue “Apply” button to start an application.
- Each question response will be saved as it is answered, or you can choose to click on the “Save” button at the bottom of the application.
Share or Print Your Grant Application
- To collaborate with other grant writers, click on the “Collaborate” button at the top of your application and invite others to view, edit, or submit your application.
- To print your application, click on the “Application Packet” button and print the PDF file.
Note: Please consider inviting your Principal(s) to view your application since the NEF will request their approval of the application before reviewing it.
Save and Return to Your Grant Application
- The system saves each response as it is answered. You may leave the application and return to it at any time.
- Once you have started an application, quickly return to the Grant system by bookmarking the Grant system website.
- To return to your grant application, login using your email address and password and click on “Edit Application” next to the grant you were working on.
Upload Attachments to Your Application
- Should you wish to add an attachment to your grant application, such as a picture of a requested item, please use the “File Attachments” section of the application. This section allows for up to 5 attachments.
Note: Attachments should be used solely for support or clarification of your application; all pertinent grant project information should be included in the application.
Cancel Your Grant Application
- If, for any reason, you decide not to apply for a grant in this cycle, you may cancel your application by clicking the “Abandon Request” button at the bottom of the application. Once cancelled, the application will still be viewable on your grant system dashboard under the Historical Requests tab.
- If you choose to apply for a grant in a future grant cycle, you may copy and paste sections of your abandoned grant into a new application.
- Contact the NEF Administrative Director if you would like to re-open a cancelled application during the same grant cycle. Once the original grant cycle has ended, a cancelled application must be copied into a new application.
Submit Your Grant Application
- Fill out all required fields.
- Select the required approvals for your application.
- Agree to the Grant Application User Agreement.
- Preview your application by clicking on the “Application Packet” button at the top of the application to make sure that you are satisfied with your responses. Once submitted, you will NOT be able to edit the application.
- Click on the “Submit Application” button at the bottom of the application.
- You will receive an automated email to confirm receipt of your application.
- You will receive another email once all approvals for your grant have been completed.
Note: The NEF Administrative Director will cancel your application if it is not submitted by the grant deadline. A cancelled application is viewable from the grant system dashboard, but can no longer be edited. If you choose to apply for a grant during a future grant cycle, you can copy and paste the text into a new application.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your comments or questions.