The NEF awarded 16 grants totaling $67,553 in the fall grants cycle. Awarded grants include: an author visit from Gregory Katsoulis at Needham High School, ukuleles for Broadmeadow’s music department, professional development for nine teachers, and 82 Vox audio/print book combinations for Hillside. Other grants awarded:
- A large grant to fund a library redesign project at Needham High School that will focus on collaborative space for group projects.
- Funding for visually-based math puzzles and games for grades 3 through 5 at Broadmeadow.
- A program to bring yoga and mindfulness tools and instruction to all current 5th graders at Mitchell.
- A residency at Pollard and Needham High School for Sons of Serendip, a nationally recognized, crossover ensemble.
- 34 WalkKit devices for 5th graders at the Eliot School, which will allow kids to listen to educational podcasts while taking walks.